Here, we have compiled a list of some resources we think you'll find very useful.
Canoe or Kayak Rentals
- Southern Tier Kayak Tours | email@example.com | Lansing, NY
- Endless Mountain Outfitters | 570.746.9140 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Sugar Run, PA
- Keuka Watersports | 607.569.2889 | Hammondsport, NY
- Summit to Stream Adventures | 607.535.2701 | email@example.com | Watkins Glen, NY
- Seneca Lake Kayak | 845.489.7884 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Watkins Glen, NY
- Paddle-N-More | 607-288-3470 | email@example.com | Ithaca, NY
Recreation Clubs & Organizations
- Chemung Valley Audubon Society | Leads several guided birding trips through the Chemung River Watershed.
- AHWAGA Canoe & Kayak Club
- Cornell Outing Club
- Hiawatha Island Boat Club
- Three Rivers Outdoor Club
- Trout Unlimited
- Southern Tier Bicycle League
- Tioga Velo Cycling Club
- Finger Lakes Cycling Club
- Southern Tier Bicycle Club
- Corning Race Team
Gear & Training
- Corning Bike Works
- Ranger Outfitters | Offers gear and outdoor guide service, outdoor skills courses.
- Kingsbury Cyclery of Elmira
- Swarthouts Bait Shop of Elmira | 133 E. Hudson St. Elmira, NY
- The Bait Shop | 607.732.3292 | Horseheads, NY
- Hesselson's of Elmira Heights
- Southern Tier Sportsman
- Fly Fishers International
- Fishing Licenses
Sites & Guides
- Go Finger Lakes | Free guide to the best local hikes, bikes, paddles, and outdoor adventures.
- Chemung Valley Audubon Society | An eerily familiar website packed with info about local trails and bird-watching. :)
- Tanglewood Nature Center & Museum | Elmira nature museum with many hiking trails.
- Parks & Trails New York | Leading statewide advocate for parks and trails in New York.
- Finger Lakes Trails System | Offers 1000 miles of trails to hike.
- Spencer Crest Nature Center | 250 acres with 2 ponds, a stream, and a museum, plus 7 miles of trails in Corning.
- Catharine Valley Trail | 12.9 mile trail
- Lackawanna Trail | 62-mile long trail, well-maintained.